Who’s up for some adventures in Maine today? Do you love to experience an outdoor adventure with me? Before we head on that part, let me ask you. What do you know about Maine? Maine is a constituent state of the United States of America. Additionally, it is the largest among the six states of New England.
Outdoor Adventures to Look Forward in Maine
Many of us seek fun and adventure. Some people even go on long trips to explore what life has to offer. If you are one of these people, this article can help you discover more about the adventures Maine can give you.
- Moose Safari: A moose is the most iconic animal that visitors would love to see in Maine. You can either watch them riding a canoe in the river or through an expedition using a land vehicle.
- Scarborough Marsh: It is the largest marsh in Maine, covering more than 3000 acres. Additionally, it is one of the most significant of Maine’s coastal focus areas.
- Rock Climbing: Make sure to get a hold of all the gear you’ll need. Besides that, be with someone who can guide you in this activity. Maine offers climbing from mount Katahdin to Acadia.
- Hike the 100-Mile Wilderness: It offers an extreme hike, so you better be prepared for it. However, completing this hiking experience at the 100-mile wilderness comes with beautiful mountain ranges and Maine’s lakes in the northern most section of the Appalachian Trail.
- Whitewater rafting: One of the water adventures that people often love to do. Enjoying the rapids up to Class IV will indeed complete your tour on the Kennebec and Dead Rivers in Maine.
More Outdoor Adventure For You and Your Family
- Carrabassett Valley Bike Trails: Do you love biking in the mountains? Well, heading to this valley is a must-try for you. It is a two-hour ride to the north of Portland.
- Sea Kayaking: Maine has several places along the coast that offers kayak rentals. You can go with a guide or also self guided only.
- Stonington and Deer Isle: In about a three-hour ride to the north of Portland, you can achieve an authentic coastal Maine experience. This small town is known as one of the state’s biggest lobster fleets.
- Moosehead Lake Flightseeing Ride: Let’s go and ride into a seaplane. What’s waiting are the fantastic views of Moosehead and Lobster Lakes, Spencer Mountains, and Mount Kineo. Moreover, you can also view the wildlife up in the sky.
- Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument: This place is a hidden gem in northern Maine. It can give you the chance to explore deep woods, divided by wild rivers and streams.
Acadia National Park and Moosehead Lake
Let’s know first information about Acadia. This park is one of the most visited parks in the US. Additionally, most people love its hiking trails and carriage roads. It can cater to various types of people, such as the following:
- casual walkers
- cross country ski
- ride a horse-drawn carriage
Meanwhile, you can find Moosehead lake in Northwestern Maine. It is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the US, with a rich and fascinating history.
Start Your Adventure Now!
Search and visit the website for Maine. Have your vacation with your kids. Furthermore, make your trip one of Maine’s fruitful interactions with you and the whole family.