Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Have you been to coastal maine botanical gardens? Do you want to find a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature and flowers? Well, this garden is just suitable for you. Fortunately, this article will let you know more details about coastal maine botanical gardens. So, please come with me throughout this article.
What is Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens?
First and foremost, you can find coastal maine botanical gardens in New England. Additionally, it is nearly 300 acres in size, making it the most extensive botanical garden in the area. In this place, you would be able to experience various plants and ornamentals.
In actuality, this garden had taken 16 years of planning and preparation before opening it to the public. But the moment it opened, it has become one of the most famous attractions in Maine. Initially, at 132 botanical gardens drive Boothbay harbor, the garden only started from 128 acres.
Unfortunately, you cannot experience coastal maine botanical gardens all year round. The natural life of the park starts its season in mid-April up to October. During this time, it is open daily. Additionally, you may also join them in their special events during the Christmas season.
Furthermore, if you plan to visit the garden several times, they may let you become a member with free admission. Aside from that, their admission rates also vary for those who will visit in groups of 10 people and more.
What to Expect in Maine Botanical Gardens Drive Boothbay this 2021?
Of course, gardens also undergo improvements to make them more appealing to the visitors. This year 2021, here the current services and arrangements that you can experience and explore.
- Parking space: Due to the popularity of the gardens in Boothbay harbor, they have expanded their parking lots. From 125 cars, they have increased the parking lot’s capacity to 340 vehicles.
- Gardens and tours: Inside this land on Boothbay harbor, you can find 17 gardens. Furthermore, while you are on trails, staff provide education about the plants and wildlife.
- Art exhibits: You can also find various art exhibits throughout the gardens. There are both temporary and permanent displays to look into.
- Children’s gardens and Caterpillar lab: Events are also available for the young ones. They have so much to explore as well, for instance, inside the Caterpillar lab. It does not only involve an exhibit for caterpillars. But it also includes education, rearing, research, photography, and filming.
- Etiquette and accessibility: The management has established guidelines to ensure the visitors’ safety and enjoyment at any time of the day. If you plan to visit, it would be best to read these guidelines beforehand.
While you are on trails, you can learn many things as hours pass by without noticing it. There is more to look forward to in the gardens.
How to Make Your Visit to the Gardens
Coastal maine botanical gardens has a website that you can search online. If you search their website, it includes a menu for their tickets, shop, membership, and menu more. They even display photos that you can see and have an idea about.
So, book your tickets now with your family. Start creating a connection with plants and nature through horticulture, education, and research.
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Publicgardens.org, Accessed June 28, 2021, https://www.publicgardens.org/about-public-gardens/gardens/coastal-maine-botanical-gardens
11 Things You Should Know About the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay Harbor, Boothbaylodging.com, Accessed June 28, 2021, https://www.boothbaylodging.com/coastal-maine-botanical-gardens/